Sunday, October 19, 2008

the blog must go on...

I might be tired, but Nat and Mike are urging me to keep blogging.
Flying into Milwaukee was way cool, we were above the clouds almost the whole time, and it was gorgeous. When we approached Milwaukee, there was a full moon over lake Michigan, and the city was lit up which was really cool. Mike met me at the airport, and we went to Lake Park Bistro. It was a classy, charming restaurant that looked out over Lake Michigan. We went back to his apartment watched an episode of the wire then hit the sack. On Wednesday we went to chicago. This city was so awesome! We went 'shopping' on Michigan Avenue. We went up to the top of Hancock tower, we ate burgers at the ESPNzone, we went to the Art Institute of Chicago and saw Van Gogh, Boticelli, Monet, Manet, Rembrandt and more. You'll notice in the slide show that I accidentally used my flash on the orginal American Gothic. I got in big trouble for that! There is a picture called 'Resurrection' the top of it has a glare on it, and that's because the picture is probably 12 feet tall. That picture is by an apprentice of one of my favorite artists (Caravaggio) and is very similar to his style. We ate deep dish pizza, which was about 80% cheese, and I couldn't be happier about that fact. On Thursday we went running for what seemed like forever along Lake Michigan. Then we went to the Milwaukee public museum, which was a little less sensational than Chicago's, and in Mike's words, it was 'ghetto'. We ate sushi for dinner, then had lixx custard for dessert. I'm a fan of sushi! on Friday we ran in Mike's neighbohood. I loved all the fall leaves, and the people in Wauwatosa are so nice! We ate wisconsin brats for lunch-- we had beer brats, and chicken, feta, and spinach brats. The beer brat was my favorite. Mike had to take care of some business at the school, and after that he gave me a mini tour. Before we went to the airport, we went to Kopp's and had the cheapest, hugest burgers ever. Let's just say I did anything but starve on this trip! I had so much fun with Mike. Everytime I did something goofy, he told me I was grounded, which I got a kick out of.


No comments: