- I was the Primary president for two short months in the 79th ward. I got to meet with the primary aged children belonging to the bishopric once a month. Those two meetings were awesome. We went on walks, played a lot of hang man, settled some arguments, got glitter on everyone's face (thanks mya clayton), and learned a couple Book of Mormon stories.
- Brian walked me through my elective electrical engineering class.
- My social scene was lacking, but I had an awesome goal to fill that time. My goal was to run 80 miles in the month of June. I only ran 70 miles, during which I ran the longest run of my career (8 miles). It was sweet, I loved every step.
- I took an organic chemistry lab and wore old jeans and a huge t-shirt to school almost everyday. When I finished the lab, and dressed normal, everyone at work wouldn't stop asking what I was dressed up for. Awesome.
- I was called to the Relief Society presidency (hence removal from the primary) as 1st counselor. I love this calling. I love having girlfriends in the ward, and they are sort of forced to be my friend, and I like that.
- Our family went to Bear Lake and it was such an awesome vacation! I went on the water weenie with Matt and Brian and threw them both off, I got up on the wakeboard, lit some fireworks with Matt, gave some massages, and got a serious sunburn. It was one of the best vacations I've had a while.
- I contributed to a paper this summer, that was recently published. We also submitted it to a conference where I will present it next week in Salt Lake. I recieved a 'travel award' from the conference that I am using to go to Milwaukee in October and hang out with Mike for a few days before we both fly home. It will be my first commercial airplane ride. But I'm more excited to see Mike.
- Becky lived me for two amazing weeks, and we really got our friendship on.
- Haylie (my cousin) moved in, and we are having a blast! (plus she made the apartment adorable)
- I have been over to my mom's cousin Lon and his wife Rita's house and enjoyed fun company, good food, and competive 'dive for the torpedo' in their pool.
- I rode a few miles on bishop Jeff's bike in Provo canyon.
- Ate it hardcore on my longboard (and recovered)
- GAP came out with the V-neck. Enough said.
- Learned about ALIAS, and SUPERNATURAL
- I made awesome friends: Lili and Becky
- And Eric and I really got our friendship on. We've had fun.
Thanks for reading family, I love you guys. Send me an email at email@example.com with your email address so I can add you to a list, to keep my blog a little private. XoxoXOO