Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Friday Night in the Life...

Last night started out with a bang by Haylie whipping up some spaghetti. We watched an episode and half of Alias, then I went to pick Becky up from work. Haylie and Meg, being the sweet things they are paused the episode for me, and read while I went to get miss Tucker. Right when we got back, I realized my new roommate Amanda would just be getting off a 12 hour shift at Target, and if she rode the bus home it would take and hour. So I ran up there, and Becky joined Haylie and Meg in the read-a-thon. When Amanda and I got home, Brittany had joined said a-thon. We all started saying hi etc. then Amanda proceeds her unrehearsed stand up comedy:

"It is so hot in here, I swear to gosh."
"I almost said God, but I caught myself."
"I cannot BELIEVE ya'll are sittin around readin! You will never in your life see a bunch of black people sittin around readin on a Friday night. Is this a white people thing?"

Haylie and I were literally in tears at this point. (Also Amanda is black, if that wasn't clear.)

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

You mean you didn't explain to her that this is what all good mormon do on Friday nights? That if you don't read on Fridays, you don't go to heaven. Ehen tell her it was written!! LOL