Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weird, weird, weird

I got to school at 8:30 today for a meeting at work. I worked until about 2:30, when I was a little hungry for lunch. I decided to get started on my homework anyway. I had some ridiculous homework assignments, and I almost got up and walked out of that computer lab a couple of times. I started to get a little hungry again around 5 for dinner, but I didn't want to lose my momentum. When it was 8:30 pm, I went to the vending machine for a granola bar, and I came to the realization that today was the most wonderful dayI have had in a long, long time. and it had nothing to do with the external things that were filling my time. As a matter of fact, being in literally the same building for 13 hours should make me upset, annoyed, stressed, bored, and otherwise absolutely crazy, but it didn't today. I was filled with peace. Which is unusual for me in this type of circumstance. There was something different going on inside of me.
And this is where I could get really long winded, but I'll just put it as simply as possible. 

I'm glad I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
John 14:27

2 comments:

Brian & Jami Mangold said...

Thanks for that little bit of perspective. I needed that after those nasty Thermo and Kinetics assignments.

Mal Pal said...

you're welcome. i'm glad someone understands :) I found your blog, but it looks like you guys stopped posting long ago...