Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturday Night

Creative title, I know. Whatever.
Yesterday I took a big step in my life. I went through an important rite of passage for a Latter-Day Saint woman in her early 20's. That's right, I went shopping at Micheal's crafts, and Joanne Fabric Store. Not only did I go in, but I went in looking for specific items to use in a crafty project. I am really feeling like a whole new woman. But let's talk about how I walked around in circles at Joanne's because I couldn't find, well, anything really. I was surrounded by middle aged women, and newly-wed couples, yeah there were a lot of couples in there. Apparently, when you're a newlywed everything is fun, fun, fun. Because you're in love duh. They were all having a great time holding hands and kissing in line waiting for the ladies to cut their fabric. My favorite was this little boy who just wanted his mom to buy him something like she was doing for his sisters.
"Mom can I please have just ONE thing? I know exactly what I would get if you let me get one thing"
"No you are whining"
....
"If I don't whine for like, a while, can I get something?"
I sort of just wanted to buy him something because A) His mom totally tried to jump ahead of me in line (which is why I took the fabric out of her daughters hand and threw it two isles over, to get my spot back) and 2) she was bein all mean, "I'm glad you know exactly what one thing you'd get if I'd let you"
I can't go any further, or I'll blow the 'staprise' I'm building.
After my success I went over to the Jeff's and I'm reading Brenna this story about pirates written by Arthur Conan Doyle, and he wrote some confusing stuff. Brenna would ask me what a word meant, and like a 21st century girl, I would text google for the definition of depredation, and google would tell me an act of plundering, pillaging, and marauding, and Brenna and I would work that into the sentence and make sure we understood what this old guy was talking about.
Then Haley and I drooled over Robert Pattinson/Edward on the projector/ laughed our heads off at the cheesiest acting on the planet/ actually wished vampires were real and they would love us/ Haley fell asleep 15 minutes into the movie.
I'm rambling.
It's late.
I'm procrastinating homework.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

MalPal--I didn't know the project involved FABRIC, too! Now I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what in the world you would be making me and really dying to see it. Will it be done by Sunday? :)

Mal Pal said...

if i can pull it off nat, and I can...

Charmaine said...

You are so cute!! You just crack me up! And Hayley, (that's my niece, the one that lives with you) spells her name this way and not the way you spelled it. And that's okay cause that's what makes you so cute in my eyes. And I guess you know, that her falling to sleep so quick, was something her mom taught her.Sandy is real good at it too. I love you.

Mal Pal said...

don't worry everyone, I watched Twilight with Haley Jeffs, not Haylie Ferguson... You aren't the first person to mention that mainie ;)