Thursday, January 8, 2009

it's a new year, you can start all over again

most naive moment of 2008:

becky and i went to tucanos on news years eve. we had this waiter who was totally cute named lucas.

lucas: what are you girls doing after this?
me: we don't have any solid plans
lucas: you guys should come over to my place when i get off?  i live just down the street, we're gonna play some ping pong, some guitar hero, you know, you gotta do something, it's new years eve! lemme give you my number
me: alright, hit me

lucas: hey it was nice to meet you girls
me: i thought you get off at 2?
lucas: i'm just going on break, do you guys want to come?
becky: where are you going?
lucas: i'm just going downstairs to get some shots
me: excuse me?
lucas: come downstairs and get some shots
me: (smile/puzzled look) uuuh...
becky: no, thanks
lucas: oh c'mon!
me: no thanks

me: maybe we shouldn't go over to his house
becky: NO!
me: ping pong sounded fun
becky: he said BEER pong

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

At the risk of sounding like Judge Judy, "young lady, you need to put on your listening ears." How cute was he?
HAPPY NEW YEAR MALLORY.

Natalie said...

Mal--It's a good thing it was Becky with you and not me. I would've thought he said "Ping Pong" too!

Becky Green said...

haha.. i'm so glad that was captured in a script-like format. and i'm so glad you're naive. i wouldn't have it any other way. :)