Saturday, January 10, 2009

seriously so self-conscious

if you haven't seen it, i highly suggest you do. to give proper credit, mike showed it to me over the break. it's is a tad of an exaggeration, but you'll crack up anyway because of all the things that are hit right on the head. ok, so now that i advertised, i'll get to my point. 
when people make fun of the weird things i do, i get seriously so self-conscious. that's usually only if what they are poking fun of is something i legitmately think is airheady, habitual, not thought through, or otherwise ridiculous. i mean to the point of delibilitating. things like spelling words wrong, repeating catch phrases i thought were original, wearing weird clothes, backcombing my hair way too high, or sounding (and looking) like some of the engineers i meet at school. these are serious issues. and when i hear these things being pointed out, and poked fun of, i start to analyze my life making sure i have no association with said social suicide bombs. or when i'm blogging and i start to sound like TAMN from seriously so blessed (like right there with the social suicide bomb phrase) i get all bothered.
here's the thing though: it's ok to laugh at the somewhat silly things we do, and keep doing them. i decided it, and so its true. because i have a sister who made a blog post that was strikingly similar to one from TAMN's blog. and i still like her more than most people i know.
the other thing that helps me get over this issue, is that i am like way much hotter(seriously) than most of the girls on this campus, even if there is no ring on my magic finger (thanks elyse.) 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Mal--I also like you more than most other people I know, so it's okay to be a corny blogger. Love ya kid! Hope you enjoy feeling all snuggled up in your new quilt. I hope that every time you look at you will think, "I am SERIOUSLY SO BLESSED!"

Charmaine said...

Boy, did I feel confused on this one!! But hey, I'm confused most of the time anyway!!!
I love you too Mal.