Tuesday, December 23, 2008

close your eyes, and picture

a house in magna. just a two story house, with a carport. the lawn is dead and brown. you drive around the corner and what's this? a little towhead girl putting in a sprinkling system? wait. yes. it's little girl, and she's digging the trenches all by herself?
now imagine that 6 year old, 15 years later. the scene is almost the same, she's alone, she has a shovel, only this time she's shoveling snow. she's trying to get her car out of a snow bank because her brothers think its funny when she shovels alone.
luckily a kind man with a bronco showed up, and said "want me to pull you out of there?"
"thanks, none of my brothers will answer their phones" "well i'll be your brother today"
i guess i just see how the Lord works in mysterious ways, there was a reason i shoveled that trench at grandma's all alone, it was so that i could know how to shovel my car all alone.
oh and so that the sweat of the righteous (me) will cry from the dust for the punishment of my brothers. except for my foster brother with the bronco and winch.

3 comments:

Becky Green said...

that is the most adorable story I've ever heard. i don't know how i was supposed to close my eyes while reading though. i can't wait to see you! merry christmas to me! :)

Charmaine said...

That is a cute story Mal. Was that when Willy was getting ready to sell the house? You have quite a way with words. Love ya

Natalie said...

Mal Pal--of course I would have answered my phone if you had called me. I would like to apologize for Greg's bad behavior 15 years ago. I'm working on him.