Saturday, January 17, 2009

18 hours

i've been awake today. i know this is nothing to brag about, but i don't know what else to title this post. i've just been up for a while (even though i didn't get nearly enough sleep last night) revamping my blog, watching newsies, talking to becky, eating del taco, facebooking, and otherwise partying. after spending so much quality time on the internet, posting was just too enticing. 
i have three semesters left at BYU (best case scenario) after which i will have a bachelor's degree and a job. that even sounded weird typing, if there is a life after college, i'll believe it when i see it. i've been applying to internships, emailing recruiters my resume, and on, and on. it's getting to the point i can almost taste that adult life. smell it, if you will. it feels weird and exciting. it will only be exciting if i actually get an internship or job, which if i do get a job when i graduate, my congratulations present to myself is going to be a burberry coat. one with pleats at the elbows and the waste. or maybe i'll buy a pair of gucci flats. or land in alaska. but back to the scenario that wouldn't be exciting: me not getting a job. now my hair is falling out. can't breath. must. have. goo. chi. shoes.  becky is asleep.  i think it's bedtime.

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

mal, you will get the best job in the world because not only are you a genius, but you're the hottest engineer I've ever seen. also, sorry I'm so prone to sleeping whilst watching anything, especially, it seems, 24.

Charmaine said...

You go girl. You just have to keep a cool head about ya. You know you've got what it takes, we know you do, so set your sites on what you want and go after it! The only thing that could hold you back a little would be the economy, and you have no control over that. So sweetie, CHARGE! ( I don't mean charge a new coat or a car, I mean go girl!) Let nothing stand in your way, CHARGE right through them!!!