Wednesday, November 19, 2008

greg sent an email to me

within the last few weeks, and it had an animated cartoon of dilbert. it was hilarious partly because it was true. in this cartoon, a doctor diagnoses dilbert with 'the knack' he says 'he has a profound understanding of all things mechanical and electrical coupled with utter social ineptitude' late one night, while working on a homework assignment i showed this cartoon to dustin, another chemical engineer, and we laughed our heads off. 'utter social ineptitude' is precisely what is plaguing the clyde building. i'm serious...

me: (hummin a little kanye west) "do you like kanye nick?"
nick: "who?"
me: "kanye west, he's a rapper"
nick: "who?"
me: "he's a black rapper, kanye west...?"
nick: "is that a band?"
me: "no. he's a... nevermind"


me: "hey guys nick didn't know who kanye west was"
"dustin, dan, did you guys hear me? nick doesn't know who kanye west is"
dustin and dan: "um"
me: "seriously?!"
dan: "who is that?"
me: " he had a hit called gold digger way back when"
dustin: " oh that guy. i always thought his name was kane"


me: "tyler, your shirt is pretty"
dustin: "that is classic cowboy, with the pockets, and points coming off your shoulders"
me: "and the mother of pearl snaps"
dustin, tyler: (silence)
dustin: "haha... what?"
me: "that's mother of pearl on the snaps?"
dustin: "what's mother of pearl?"
me: "what?"
"tyler do you know what mother of pearl is?"
tyler: "uh-uh"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Gotta love the nerdy zoobies!!! I think you might want to start spending more time in other buildings on campus. That Clyde Building is scary stuff. Love ya!