Sunday, October 31, 2010

Picture Time!

Speaking of blessings... I bought a Honda Civic and I'm really happy with it. I had to take a picture of the odometer, because she's so young.


Luckily, Eric tested the alarm for me, for which service I am extremely grateful. You don't want a cheap car where the alarm goes off when some punk off the street is shaking the car or, heaven forbid, punching it. Well everyone, I have anecdotal evidence that Honda alarms are high quality and will not go off even if you hit the car hard enough to leave an imprint of your hand in it. I love you Eric.

The good people at Ken Garff removed the dent for free before I left Utah. What a great story.

This is the beautiful sunset driving across Nebraska. This and the 75-80 mph speed limit were about the only positive things I found in that state.


Good thing my brother is a genius and found a Giordano's on our way through Illinois. And they accidentally made a larger pizza than we ordered. Their bad.

Remember the Hansen's? Well Ashley (Patt's daughter) brought her 2 year old and her 3 week old up from North Carolina to visit me. We went to the coolest little zoo in Reston. This is me and Willa-woo-woo.



Grandma Patty, willa, and the HUGEST horns I've ever seen on a bull.

Brian first discovered this gentlemen making his rounds in John and Patty's complex, and this was my second sighting and this picture opp was perfect. So here you go guys, wish you were here right?

This picture is at the Antietam Battlefield. These bugs are everywhere out here and I'm sure you can guess how I feel about them. I want to punch them in the face as hard as I can.


Before we went to the battlefield, we went to the temple. Unfortunately the baptismal font was closed, so I watched some old BYU produced seminary videos in the visitor's center. Great use of time.

Snuggling with my Garmin, Staci. She died, so now I have Staci Jr.

Here's the computer my buddy hooked me up fat with: it needs a battery, which is much cheaper than a whole new computer, so I'll take it. Sorry I don't have pictures of the winning males I have had the pleasure of meeting out here, but I'll keep working on it. Miss you guys.


4 comments:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

nice computer... That pizza looks heavenly. Really, I miss it already. Again.

Now you should put up pics of the rest of your furniture you've got chilling in your apartment!

Emily M said...

Mel- what fun times your having. That is so fun that you went to the zoo with Patt and Ashleigh. Nat keeps us up to date on how things are going. And how great that you were able to get a computer. Take care!

Becky Green said...

Yay, pictures!! I agree with Brian and Cathy.. more more. Love you! It was good talking to you yesterday! Let's do it more often. :)

Britt Hanson said...

I just wanted to say I love you :)