Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Conference = Glorious Uplifting Moments (naps)

I got some sushi on Friday. Boy, did I get some. All you can eat baby. 
As for conference, I was sitting in the second balcony, and I struggled a bit to stay awake. Then suddenly, they had everyone stand up for the rest hymn at 3. Oh my bad. I turned and looked at Todd, who looked like a mirror image of confusion. 

"Todd were you sleeping?"
"Yes. Were you?"
"Oh yeah."

We both pulled it together for the second hour, but by the time we got on trax to go home, we were borderline delusional from being so tired. We just stared at everyone around us, including eachother, with confused looks on our faces.

The highlight of my weekend was sleeping over at my parents. I had so much fun laughing with Matt. And oh yes there was twilight watching. And Garrett is just my favorite person next to mom. 
The two best moments were when I worked it with Josh's roommate, only to find out that he was my cousin. I kept working it, because I knew everyone was joking. Well apparently he really is my third cousin or something. What a bust! And speaking of incest (the game the whole family can play as Josh would say) I was working on homework yesterday with headphones in, when I thought I heard a knock on the door. I thought oh great it's that guy in my ward I'm avoiding. Deep breath. Walk to the door. Look through the peephole. It is a boy, only he's a tall brunette, who is actually attractive. Yeah DEFINITELY doesn't live in THIS ward... fix my hair, open the door. It's my little brother Matt.  I was so excited and surprised to see him. 

4 comments:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

mal, I know nat paid you to say that Garrett is your fav person next to mom, so we'll let it slide.

Mal Pal said...

Closest description
"just a friend"
or
"*goof who I wish wasn't a *goof"
yeah that's definitely the closest

Natalie said...

Nothing quite like hitting on your cousin...you're so funny!

I'm just wondering what you really meant by "Boy, did I get some." :) Totally lurve ya! (Which blogging bff does that remind you of?)

Mal Pal said...

Nat! it means that I got all you can eat, and I may have been a little too full when I left the restaurant