Monday, March 21, 2011

Pleasant Surprise

Guess who showed up in DC? Sarah Standing! I know right. I love my little sister. We chatted about boys and our brothers and Utah and Mormons and DC and had an excellent time laughing and looking at historical crap between. It was so fun to see her out here.
Here she is in all her glory with the Hope Diamond. It has all sorts of significance, but we were still talking about boys at this point so the back story to this fatty rock was on the back burner.


Last weekend I went to the National Portrait Gallery. Once you pass the portraits of all the celebrities it gets good. I loved reading about people who influenced history. My personal favorites included the Founding Fathers, women's suffragettes, and my favorite shoutout:




My friend's first guess was "John Smith" then he immediately corrected himself "Joseph." His bio was pretty decent. Brigham's closed with something to the effect "he was famous for his many wives" which is always awkward.

I can't wait to come home on Saturday. I'm so ready.

3 comments:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

You may be ready for Utah, but Utah is not ready for you!

Brian

Alison said...

I can't wait for you to come home too. It's all great and stuff about Eric's wedding but I am really just excited to see your wonderful self.

Becky Green said...

Awww Sarah!! Cute! That must have been fun. I want to come visit you and see you're new crib and everything so I can know what you're talking about all the time. Totally jealous. Can't wait to see you so sooooon!!!