Sunday, November 1, 2009

The L3

I had to take a test this week called the L3. It stands for Level 3 [competencies.] In order to graduate with a degree in Chemical Engineering, I have to pass this test of 24 questions by answering 23 of them correctly. I get three tries, and on the second and third tries, I only have to answer a question for every competency that I missed. So the first time, most people missed between 2 and 5. If you missed 5 questions, you only have to take a test with 5 questions and if you answer 4 correctly, then you're done. If you don't pass in three tries, you have to spend another year here repeating classes.Make sense?
Well on my first try, I was completely shocked to miss 10. Yes, 10. I was pretty devastated. I took the test for the second time on Friday and finished at 8 o'clock, which under normal circumstances I would have been very upset I was on campus that late at all. I was so pumped actually, because I missed two questions this time. So my confidence in graduating in April has actually come into being. I think I'm gonna do this. And I so enjoy the feeling of knowing I'm going to graduate and not spend an extra year repeating classes like a beloved Tommy Boy.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Mal Pal! Of course you will graduate and become a giant chemical engineer and I will be so proud of you! Good job on the improvement on the test. You can do it!

Mike said...

Mal! I'm so sure that you missed those questions on purpose just to increase your level of difficulty... like that time you wanted to trade in the suburban for one with more miles!

Becky Green said...

haha.. so i thought maybe L3 stood for Latin Lovers Lounge. I was sorely disappointed when I realized I was wrong.

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

I would like to ditto Nat. You're awesome!