Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I have fun with you,

but I'm not looking for anything serious right now. You've heard the line before, even if it wasn't directed at you, I'm sure you've seen it on an episode of Friends, Seinfeld, or the movie Hitch. I'm going to respectfully suggest that this is not what anyone really believes. What homeboy is trying to say is "nothing about having a serious relationship with you gets me really excited, so I don't really want to."

Remember how I talked about disappointment blending together? When something like this happens and I strangely just do not react like I did two years ago I can't help but think of my parents. Hear me out. I'm like whatever when I hear that. I get sad, then the next day I'm like "Who? Oh him? I don't know." Then I have to remember the boy I kissed first and how many tears I cried over the ugly ending. And I wonder how much heartache and disappointment one person will eventually go through. I have to think that my parents have had just as much heartache up until their 22 birthdays as I have, plus the 30 some additional years. Doesn't it blow your mind? I know.

I've always wanted to have the ability to avoid reacting to situations around me and I think I'm another step closer. Bring on the heartbreak.

No comments: