Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mallory the House Sitter

A couple things first:
1) Happy anniversary to Brain and Cathy, and Mom and Dad. If it weren't for you and your nuptials I wouldn't be here, or have very many friends.
2) That id that I paid 10 dollars for wouldn't work anywhere on campus for a week and half. So I went to the office where I bought it and told them my scenario. The girl said I'll just print you a new one. (?) "Do you want a new picture?" "no" so she prints me one in like 5 seconds and I walked out. They made me ten for the first one, when the girl could have probably fixed that problem with a few mouse clicks. And I was still so mad I decided to keep sticking it to them with my angry face picture. When I get tired of my picture, I am going to go back and tell them it stopped working. I'll let you know what happens.
Last Tuesday, Jeremy and Jandi went on a Disney adventure with all of the Shorts' family. So they asked their favorite cousin to house sit. They live in a pretty rough neighborhood so my services have been of great use. After I got the run down of chores I would need to take care of while they were gone, Jandi said "so you can just come move your stuff in on Tuesday" to which I responded "is it ok if I don't sleep here every night?" (Um I have a social life at the Riv) Jandi said that was fine. Then I realized how much awesomer it is to live in a house than at that hole I pay for. I don't know how I am going to go back to the Riv. I can do my laundry. My roommates don't leave rotting messes in the fridge, sink, garbage, etc, etc. I can go to sleep whenever I want. The hot water has yet to run out on me in the shower (even with both shower heads going, yeah that's right, they have two shower heads. It's like the Celestial Kingdom.) I get to park my ride in the garage. Did I mention that Jeremy the lawyer has an HDTV? um yeah. I'm bragging for them now. It's hard not to get excited about this kind of thing when you are poor poor poor and living in a dump :)
So I'm just here to tell you what a champ I am at watering the lawn, and feeding the beta, and how I am living like a queen until Monday. Thank you Jer and Jandi. Seriously.

4 comments:

Becky Green said...

you're so good at what you do. seriously. GAME DAY!

Natalie said...

Hmmm...this situation sounds like a good one. Maybe you should start thinking of ways to make it permanent. It would be a win-win, J/J could stay in Disneytopia forever and you could just take over their house (complete with shower heads and HDTV.)

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

That was an awesome party at Jeremy and Jandi's. Next time they ask you to house set, we need to get the word out sooner so more people will come. Just kidding!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Love ya, Mal!
-Cathy

Charmaine said...

I miss you on my blog. I just plain miss you.
I'll get to see you on the 23rd though!!!