Monday, August 17, 2009

The Ending of an Era

The era that was exactly two weeks long.
So I thought Jeremy and Jandi were coming back from Disneymaniaworld on Monday. So I have my stuff all over their house Sunday night and I invited some friends over to watch a movie on my last night in the mansion. We're sitting around it's about 6:30, we're trying to pick a movie and just chatting. I had this urge to check my phone, which I tried to ignore, since everyone I invited over (which was about 20 people) (just kidding) was already there. I walked downstairs to get it anyway and there was a text from Jandi that was about 15 minutes old: We finally landed! We're on our way home!
"Um... guys... my cousins are on their way home, so... um"
"we should probably go"
"yeah"
At this point I assigned my three friends each a room to tidy up and get my stuff out of. I was picking up stuff wildly while they were taking trips to my car with armloads. I looked like a vagrant leaving their house. At one point my friend said "Oh you're cousins went to Cottonwood too?" "Um, no..." "Why do they have this Cottonwood blanket?" "Oh!! grab that and put it in my car!" It took us 35 minutes to get everything out of the house. I still managed to leave some airborne, bob pins, seasoning, a chocolate bar, and the Mean Girls dvd in the player. Unbelievable. Jeremy and Jandi couldn't have been nicer about my less than satisfactory (awful) house sitting habits. (I love to party.) They laughed with me tonight about how I was their second choice to house sit anyway (Josh Riddle was the first, Jeremy said-- yeah right.) And how they couldn't believe they didn't tell me when they were coming back. I'm glad those two both have a good sense of humor. And I'm glad they let me live the good life for a few weeks.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I just love this story! It sounds like talking to Jeremy and Jandi went just fine. I knew they would think it was funny. Tell them sorry Josh wasn't available--he was busy "trailer-sitting" for us and falling in love.

Mal Pal said...

HA Nat! Nat are you going to come to Vegas to cheer for me and Em in the ragnar?

Natalie said...

Mal Pal--At this point, I can't make any commitments more than an hour in advance. It just depends on my puking schedule and what the fetus is doing to me. (TMI, I know!) I sincerely hope I'll be feeling up to it a month from now, but you never know! Cross your fingers!