Friday, June 26, 2009

I Could Sleep Anywhere

And I mean anywhere.
  • Yesterday I was being confirmed at Mt. Timpanogas and I felt asleep and jerked my head under the two sets of hands on my head. After, I laughed and apologized and the man was so nice. "It's ok, you've been sitting there a while" Yeah a total of about 2 minutes. What a nice guy.
  • Another good temple one happened in the chapel at Provo. I was leaning over just pondering away, when I dozed and started leaning forward until my head nailed the bench in front of me making a loud crack. The girls I was with could hardly contain themselves when I opened my eyes and looked around.
I have three good falling-asleep-while-kissing stories, but since my parents like to try and control what I write on here, and I'm sure my parents and brothers would love hearing details about me kissing anyone I'll keep these fairly detail deficient.
  • 1st- high school. I fell asleep while actually kissing, but managed not to get noticed (nice)
  • 2nd- I'm in college now, I again fell asleep while kissing, but this time did the head jerk thing. I apologized, laughed. yeah.
  • 3rd- I wasn't actually kissing this time, but cuddling and as I fell asleep I continued to talk and woke up only when he said "what?!" Just for your personal enjoyment I said "just remember, we'll always be watching you at Nordstrom" (it's a long story)
And just a non-kissing, non-temple one: I was on the porch with Jay and Kyle about two weeks ago and it was really late and I started rambling about something from highschool and then I thought where was I going with this? then I opened my eyes and they were just staring at me with puzzled looks on their faces then we all got up to go to bed. It was clearly too late.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yep--you are a true Phillips! I can't tell you how many times Greg and I have been in the middle of a conversation and he starts mumbling and making no sense...I look over and sure enough, he's out for the count!

Personally, I would have liked more detail on the kissing stories!

Mal Pal said...

Oh Natalie, I can give you all the details sometime ;)

Becky Green said...

hahaha i literally just laughed out loud when i read, "remember, we'll always be watching you at Nordstrom." i expect to hear this long story asap.