Sunday, June 28, 2009

Center of Attention

So the other day I was in the cleanroom. To give you an idea of the scenario: the room has yellow lights so that we can use light sensitive chemicals, I am wearing a "bunny" suit which is like a big onsie complete with a hood, there are fans in the ceiling making all sorts of noise, and there are loud machines. So although the room is small, it's hard to hear others, so I like to turn my ipod up pretty loud and do my own thing. (Except when Brian and I watch SNL clips on hulu) I sort of feel alone because of the dim color, and the noise, and my hood. Anyways... so this particular day I'm sitting in front of this machine waiting for it to finish doing its thing and the song that comes on just needs to be changed. I keep my ipod in my shirt while I'm in the cleanroom for easy access. So I unzip my space suit a few inches and pull out my ipod, look for a new song then put it back in my shirt and zip up. One of the best parts about the cleanroom is that along one wall there are windows into the hall, so it's sort of like an aquarium full of nerds that, well, other nerds can look at. It's the summer so that halls are usually very empty. And no one in the cleanroom ever sees me pull my ipod out of my shirt. So just for good measure I turned to look at the wall made of windows and it looked like freshman orientation in the hall. There were about 30, 18 year old boys in the hall looking in while a professor gave them a tour. Awesome.

2 comments:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

They were looking at you even before you pulled your ipod out. You just teased them all a little more now...

Cathy

Natalie said...

I hope you kissed the glass and really made them want you! Those freshman boys have probably never been more excited about BYU than they are now! Next thing you know, Pres. Samuelson will probably be contacting you to see if they can keep you in the nerd aquarium while all tours are going. Great publicity for the university (and you).