Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday

There is no record for this day in the New Testament. I needed to catch up on Tuesday's events anyway...

Then Jesus began to weep over Jerusalem, saying, O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, ye who will kill the prophets, and will stone them who are sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her winds, and ye would not! JST Matthew 23:27

This is one of my favorite descriptions of the Savior. A teacher told me about hens once (I am clearly no farm girl). If a predator threatens her babies, she will gather them in and sit down and let a predator tear her apart until she's dead before she'll move off those chicks.

My stake president challenged us to remember the Savior more, or think about Him more. I am trying to study the last week of His life, as I go through it. I've never felt more peace. John 14:27

No comments: