Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good Times

On my walk to school this morning I found my student id card in my back pocket. I always put it there when I work so I can get into my lab without carrying my entire (and adorable) wallet. I gave myself a silent lecture. "Mallory, every time you lose one it costs 10 bones, and you're on your fourth. Please put the id back in your wallet when you get off work." (I really did) So after class I needed a bathroom break before I hit the books. And because my pants are low riders, the pockets are small and when I'm zipping up I hear a quiet ping and splash. I turned around just in time to see my mugshot sinking in the water.

I never thought anything could make me plunge my hand into a toilet but I stand corrected. Because when you're so broke you've resorted to bringing tupperware dishes filled with pasta to school for lunch, you become a little more careful with the valuables. Although, I'm not sure if I thought "soap will fix this" before I put my hand in there.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

HAHAHAHA Oh dearest Mal. I love you.

warrhouse said...

Hilarious! You paint such a wonderful picture with your words. It's like I can see this happening!
I hope I'm laughing with you and not at you!

Mal Pal said...

you're laughing with me :)

ericleep said...

Mallory, in the MTC I dropped my name badge in the toilet, luckily I hadn't used it yet. Needless to say though I got some gloves from the janitor closet and twenty minutes later when my comp and I came back to class and my teacher asked where I was and why I wasn't wearing a name tag anymore, it got pretty awkward with the Sisters from then on out when I shook their hands. I will tell you the full story sometime. LOL

Natalie said...

Loved this post and Eric's comment! You two crack me up!!!

PS--Today Garrett was going through all the "couples" he knows. (B/Sher, Brian/Cathy, Em/Sean, Brett/Chelsea and of course, Eric and Mal.) Aren't you so glad to be included in that group? You and your raging hormones...