Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quote of the Day

I have an 8 am class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Isn't that ridiculous? I know right. But I've successfully made it on time (as in sitting peacefully before the prayer) twice this week. After the prayer, my teacher gives us a "quote of the day." Today's:

You better cut the pizza in 4 pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. -Yogi Berra

There was a wave of silence before everyone got the joke. I, of course, got it after the word pieces mainly because Dad tells that joke about me on average of 3 times every family get together (anytime anyone in the family is together counts).

On another note I have some blessings that need counting:
  • Ali is back from her mission and has been my running buddy MWF at 5:30
  • I've been on time twice this week (yes!)
  • I've worked out twice this week (unbelievable!)
  • I have a new friend TaeCee. You wouldn't believe the bonds that can be forged by a common liking turned to disliking of a boy. We're like a scene from John Tucker Must Die.
  • The Church. It's where I make friends, and life is ok, and good, and wonderful.
  • And I'm not sure if I'm breaking some unwritten blogging rules by posting this, because she's not mine, and I haven't even met her, but I can't wait to. And I'm so grateful for her.




3 comments:

Becky Green said...

OMG you had a baby!!! that's so weird. i didn't even know you were pregnant.

Pam Smith said...

Congratulations Aunt Mallory. shoot...did I spell that right? Devon's wife is Malorie and I teach a Mallory and I think you are Mallory! Abby is beautiful!!!

Mama Chick said...

I loved the quote by Yogi Berra. I laughed right away. Ahh I love being nerdy.