Sunday, July 1, 2012

Oh Hey

It's been so long since I wrote here.... this is like a giant analogy to my life where I get dressed up to run then settle on surfing Internet, watching TV, and stuffing my face in an attempt to postpone the run then I have to jump in the shower and wash my hair so that I'm not late for a dinner appointment at 6pm (after not running). I do that all the time.  I don't know why I thought blogging would be so painful. Maybe because it requires a small amount of brain activity coming up with cool captions for my photos?? Try lots of brain power. Ok so here goes... actually I just checked up to see the last blog post date. February. Are you kidding me? Maybe this stream of consciousness style post will bore you to tears so you'll be grateful when I don't blog. 

...Then I added all these photos and started captioning and got so exhausted. All these are from Mike's phone. Maybe I'll add mine someday too. Don't get your hopes up though. I hate letting y'all down.

Here's the summary: 
March- mom came to see us. Gosh she is so sweet. We ate good food and I learned so much about the civil war and had some good laughs with those two. 
April- I went to Utah for Sarah's wedding. I love that girl so much I could cry. Her wedding rocked, and just in usual Sarah fashion she made me feel like a million bucks on her own wedding day. (A trait I'm trying to acquire). 
May?- Mike drove up here and we drove to Philadelphia. We had went to the museum of art and I peeled out while flipping a U turn trying to get to the Rocky statue, we checked into this SWEET hotel where the A/C took the room down to a frigid 73 max, then we walked around and around the city. We walked and an awesome run on Memorial day before he went home. 
And June- I just got back from a week at Carolina Beach near Wilmington NC with Mike and the Gaults. 
And the summary is: family will always be the most fulfilling part of my life. Love you all. 

Philly

 That's a tiny man on the top of the building. And by that I mean a 20 foot bronze statue of William Penn. He seemed to have some significance in history.

 What a great nugget of wisdom right? I started reading Poor Richard's Alamanak. It's got some lines that are great, some are like wtf?, then some are dumb/false. The Book of Mormon is better. Much easier to understand.
 Really great selfy. Not.

 Mike schooled me on doctory stuff at the heart exhibit at the Ben Franklin Institute. Super cool. Dude is a genius. Then we went into the Electricity exhibit and he said "ok we're on your turf now" I'm thinking he said that so I didn't feel stupid but then I had to admit that I don't remember anything about science because I only texted boys when I was in class. :(

 This lady making crafts dressed in period clothing. Yeah I'm sure people wore bright colors back then...
 Independance hall
 This flag (if you will) was carried in 1788.
 Some important room in Philadelphia. I love history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 The sweetest tour guide in the USA. He was a volunteer and so adorable.
 This room was important in America's founding....

 They signed the Declaration of Independence here or the Constitution... I don't know. My bangs are like "whoa!"

Wilmington NC riverwalk :)
Wilmington NC

This is at George Washington's home in Mt. Vernon, I 'm sorry it's only a picture of sheep, but I looked the skinniest in this one so it's what you get.
Mike, Mom and PRESIDENT OBAMA


Mike snapped this in the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Cool dog...

This piece seemed to really speak to him, I guess that's why he took a picture of it?

Mike's oysters at this oyster house I begged him to go to and we couldn't find the entrance so we walked in front of the windows like 4 times. They look like baby aliens. Gross Mike.

Lobster sandwich... a Mike fave

Mike picked dessert and I asked him where we were going and he said "would I be like dad if I told you?" and I laughed because I love dad. Then I got gelato for the first time. It's ice cream but EUROPEAN, so it's like 100% better.

JFK Plaza
And one with flash...


3 comments:

Natalie said...

I loved it all!!! I could totally hear your voice making all the comments and I was lauging out loud. And then I almost cried because I miss you so much. :(

I can't wait to read about the beach trip with the Gaults and see the pictures.

Britt Hanson said...

Mal blogged! And I loved it! And I love Mal! And Mal is so hot!

Danielle said...

I'm so happy your blog is back!! I miss you but it sounds like you are doing great out there.