Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not Technically Insomnia

I've been working night shifts for 3 weeks now, and my sleep pattern is just weird. So I went to bed at 5 pm and woke up at 2 am so I thought I'd get to blogging. Last week I was thinking about how boring my life is. I sleep, run, eat, work then repeat. Then I read and catch up on sleep during the weekends. So in order to remind me to be grateful for the calm, Bambi and his mother decided to run in front of my car while I was driving at or around 40 mph, in the evening when the sun was setting and I had the least possible chance of seeing his stupid butt. My car is tore up. Every time I look at the crumpled hood I feel the tears welling up. Brand new baby all messed up.
But I'm safe. And my friend gave me his truck while he's in Boston for two weeks, which was nice to have something Monday and Tuesday. And last night, Captain Creepy who works at enterprise picked me up and gave me a brand new corolla. Check out my little fleet.



If you look closely at the car you can see a stupid deer profile on the hood in dirt and oil. His pretty ugly little face and ear are outlined when the car gets frosty. I'm not letting this get me too down though. It's just a thing. And even though I get upset sometimes, I can't help but feel grateful that I'm safe, and that I have so many blessings I can barely count them. At least someone didn't shoot my car right? ;)


5 comments:

ericleep said...

My dent is so much smaller than yours

Becky Green said...

Oh Mal. How I miss you! I'm so sorry about the deer incident but I'm also so happy about insurance. And that I get to see you SOOOONNN!!!!! Well, in like 7 week, but still.

Emily M said...

Oh Mel that stinks!! You Phillips' do not have good luck with buying brand new cars! :)

Natalie said...

LOL about the shooting your car. It could be worse...just ask Cathy. :) I love the pic of your fleet of cars. Your life in VA just cracks me up. You're the best!!!

P.S. At least Bambi didn't get the honor of putting the first dent in your lovely Honda. That award goes to one of our favorite brothers... :)

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

you have a Honda sandwich with Toyota bread... just making sure you noticed...


So, what's the ETA on when you can give 2/3rds of your fleet back and then get back to your spaceship car?