Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm So

Sentimental right now I'm nearly going crazy. Last night I moved out of the glorious Riviera apartment complex. I've lived there for 3 years, in 5 different apartments, and 2 wards. I've survived mice, October without a heater, a shattering breakup, broken toilets, sinks, dishwashers, garbage disposals (and many more maintenance issues I'd like to forget about) and a hot tub broken almost my entire senior year. One defining characteristic of my favorite complex is the nearly comical amount of time it takes anything to get fixed. But I'm over those issues (luckily). I stayed because I needed to be there. I stayed because of the people who live there. I also am afraid of change. I hate admitting it, but familiarity is something that is almost a necessity.

I moved into a condo in Springville (that happens to be the Celestial Kingdom in comparison with the hole I just moved from). But when I was driving the ten minute drive on the freeway with all my stuff last night I couldn't fight the tears. No matter how hard I tried. I've been in the Relief Society presidency for two years which, obvious to me now, has been a main source of structure (and strength) for me. Luckily I've had two incredible friends who are more than understanding about my emotional wreck that has happened on their doorsteps.

I've been planning this epic blog post countdown of the best moments of my college career, but I suddenly needed to vent about all the overwhelming feelings I've been having the past few weeks.

And don't be surprised that I cried while typing this. I need to go check my mascara before I head to the Marriott Center for graduation. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Mallory, you're such a stud. And a hot mess. But you're my favorite hot mess. Congratulations on everything! I'm so freakin proud of you and wish I could accomplish as much as you have. You're my hero.

Kami Anderson said...

Congratulations on your graduation!! What an accomplishment for you. You should be so proud of yourself.